This morning’s breakfast, made with the leftover danish pastry dough. Otherwise known as perfection.
- Pain au chocolat
- makes 6
- 1/2 batch danish pastry dough
100g dark chocolate, chopped finely
2 Tbs. milk
- 1. Roll out dough to a large rectangle, 30cm x 45cm, and cut into six 15cm squares.
2. Sprinkle one sixth of the chopped chocolate down the centre of each piece of dough. Fold in thirds, seal the ends and place folded side-down on a baking sheet.
3. Allow to rise for about 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F. Whisk the egg and milk to form a glaze.
4. Brush the glaze over the tops of the pain au chocolat. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.