Chorizo Aubergine Pasta
- 1 Onion
- 1 bunch Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 30 g Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 pinch Chilli Flakes
- 2 packs Chorizo
- 180 g Spaghetti
- 1 carton Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- Prep the veggiesPreheat your grill to high. Put a large saucepan of water with a pinch of salt on to boil for the pasta. Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Finely chop the parsley. Peel and grate the garlic or use a garlic press. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Remove the stalk top from the aubergine then halve lengthways. Chop each half into four long strips then chop widthways into roughly 1cm pieces.
- Grill the auberginePlace the aubergine onto a baking tray and drizzle over a glug of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then spread out and put into the grill. Grill the aubergine until soft and crispy around the edges, 15-20 minutes.
- Start the sauceMeanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion, sun-dried tomatoes and chilli flakes and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chorizo and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Cook the pastaSimmer the saucAdd the spaghetti to your pan of boiling water and cook. Cook until al dente, approximately 11 minutes. Drain in a colander and return to the pan off the heat. Add a touch of oil to stop the spaghetti from sticking together.
- Simmer the saucePour the finely chopped tomatoes into the chorizo mixture, together with a small pinch of sugar and some salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer on a medium heat until it is nice and thick, 5-10 minutes. Once the sauce has thickened, stir in the aubergine.
- ServeAdd the pasta to the sauce along with the parsley. Toss to mix together, or simply use a spoon and then serve!