Jerk Chicken Tostadas
- 210 g Diced Chicken Thigh
- 1 sachet Honey
- 2 posts Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 2 Vine Tomato
- 1 Lime
- 1 tin Sweetcorn
- 12 Tortillas
- 1 sachet Desiccated Coconut
- 1 pouch Sour Cream
- Marinade the chickenPreheat your oven to 220. Pop the diced chicken into a mixing bowl and add a drizzle of oil, the honey and the jerk seasoning. Continue to season with a good pinch of salt. Stir together well and ensure the chicken is coated in all the flavours, then cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge.
- Halve, then remove the core from the green pepper and chop into small pieces. Roughly chop the coriander. Roughly chop the vine tomato into small chunks. Zest the lime then chop into wedges. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn in a sieve. Lay out the tortillas on a large baking tray in a single layer and drizzle with a little oil. Season with salt then set aside.
- Toast the coconutPut a large frying pan on high heat and add the desiccated coconut. Toast, stirring until golden. Be careful not to burn the coconut, keep stirring for 3-4 minutes then tip into a small bowl.
- Fry the chickenWipe out the pan and return to high heat with a drizzle of oil. When hot, add the chicken, and all its marinade and the pepper. Stir-fry until the chicken is browned all over (5-6 minutes). Don't worry about slightly charring the chicken. Once done, add half the sweetcorn, lower the heat and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Tostada TimeMeanwhile, bake the tortillas on the top shelf of your oven until golden and just crisp (4-5 minutes). Pop the soured cream into a small bowl and stir through half the toasted coconut and half the lime zest. Season with salt and pepper.In a large bowl, combine the tomato, remaining sweetcorn, half the coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- ServeStir the remaining lime zest through the jerk chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed. Pop the tortillas on your plates and top with a helping of the jerk chicken. Add the soured coconut cream and add the tomato salad alongside. Finish with a scattering of the remaining coconut and coriander all over, and the remaining lime wedges.