This morning’s breakfast, made with the leftover danish pastry dough. Otherwise known as perfection.
Pain au chocolat
- 1/2 batch
- danish pastry dough100g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- Egg Glaze
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs. milk
- Roll out dough to a large rectangle, 30cm x 45cm, and cut into six 15cm squares.
- Sprinkle one sixth of the chopped chocolate down the centre of each piece of dough. Fold in thirds, seal the ends and place folded side-down on a baking sheet.
- Allow to rise for about 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F. Whisk the egg and milk to form a glaze.
- Brush the glaze over the tops of the pain au chocolat. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.